Rota International Airport:
- Passenger traffic is from inter-island travels from Saipan and Guam.
- Customs Border Protection and Transportation Security Administration services are available particularly for passenger arrivals from Guam.
- Current aircraft include Shorts 360 and ATR 42 aircraft with capacity of up to 39 passengers.
- Airlines operating include Freedom Air, Cape Air and Arctic Circle Air Company.
- Runway is 6,000 feet in length - capable of handling 757's or 727's with restricted landing and takeoff load.
- Terminal can accommodate 100 passengers at any given time.
- Two car rental concessionaires available:
- Budget Rent A Car (Tel: 670-532-3535)
- Islander Rent a Car (Tel: 670-532-0901)
- Offers a vast array of services, including an automated teller machine, a restaurant in the terminal, and many vendors offering local food and beverage services and traditional souvenirs.
- Airport is equipped for nighttime operations.
- Weather advisory services and aircraft rescue personnel provided.
- FAA certified facility.
CPA has completed Phase II of the runway extension project which consists of paving the runway shoulders, electrical work and repainting and is working closely with the Federal Aviation Administration on certifying the 1,000 foot runway extension from Phase I. CPA is now working closely with FAA to repaint the markings on the 1,000 foot extension to make that part of the runway usable pavement.
Future improvements include procurement of a new ARFF vehicle, replacement of the perimeter fencing, treatment of the aircraft apron and installation of a new security access system.