Benjamin Taisacan Manglona International Airport (Rota):
- Passenger traffic is from inter-island travels from Saipan and Guam.
- Transportation Security Administration services are available for passenger arrivals from Guam.
- Current aircraft include an ATR 42 aircraft with capacity of up to thirty passengers as well as eight passenger Navaho aircraft.
- Airlines operating include Cape Air, Star Marianas and Arctic Circle.
- Runway is 7,000 feet long, 150” feet wide - capable of handling 757's or 727's with restricted landing and takeoff load.
- Terminal can accommodate 100 passengers at any given time.
- Two car rental concessionaires available:
- Budget Rent A Car (Tel: (670) 532-3535)
- Islander Rent a Car (Tel: (670) 532-0901)
- Offers a vast array of services, including an automated teller machine and a restaurant available.
- Airport is equipped for nighttime operations.
- Weather advisory services and aircraft rescue personnel provided.
- FAA certified facility.
CPA has procured a new 1,500-gallon ARFF vehicle and runway sweeper for the airport and is also working on improving the ARFF building which are FAA funded procurements.
CPA is also working on extending the ticket counter area, upgrading the airfield marking and replacing the perimeter security fencing.
An update to the Rota Airport master plan is also in the process.
Rota To Do Guide