Port of Saipan
- 2,600 linear feet of berthing space
- 22-acre container yard
- Water line and an underground fuel line protected by a concrete vault
- An underground sewage removal system
- Backup generator for port operations area
- Dockside lights for nighttime operation
- Refrigerated containers outlets with backup power source
- Seawater Fire Fighting System
- The channel, turning basin, and berthing areas have been widened and deepened to a uniform -40 feet in order to comfortably welcome medium to deep draft vessels into port
- Two fuel storage facilities at the Saipan seaport
- Bulk cement company
- Three freight forwarding companies and three shipping agents
- Sunset cruises
- Improved navigational aids and repositioned harbor buoys to mark the safest route into port with the assistance from the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Two car rental companies available at the seaport for our inter-island travelers.
Recent improvements to the Port of Saipan include construction of a new generator building and installation of a 500 KVA backup generator. This backup power source also provided uninterrupted power to seven refrigerated container outlets. Funding was provided through a grant from the Department of Homeland Security.
Other improvements at the port included renovations to the dockside as well as a facelift to the CPA seaport office building. The replacement of lighting fixtures throughout the dock was also undertaken.
Future projects being considered are paving of the access road leading to the main port, upgrading of the security communication system and water rescue equipment.